Copaiba essential oil is derived from the resin of the copaiba tree, which can grow upwards of more than 100 feet and can be found in tropical South America. Copaiba oil is widely used in cosmetic products including soaps, creams, lotions, and perfumes. Since the 16th century, copaiba essential oil has been utilized in traditional health practices by the natives of north and northeastern Brazil.
Copaiba contains the highest levels of β-caryophyllene (BCP) among currently known essential oils. An irregular cannabinoid and sesquiterpene, BCP is a potent constituent within copaiba essential oil. BCP selectively binds to CB2 receptors in the endocannabinoid system (ECS)—a signaling and regulating system comprised of enzymes, receptor sites throughout the body, and endocannabinoids produced by the body. With cannabinoid receptors found widely in the body and all major organs, the ECS acts as a major regulator of human health. The CB2 receptors in this system are of particular importance because they are mostly found within the immune system. With its wide influence on key organs, BCP supports general well-being.
- Apply topically combined with a carrier oil or a facial moisturizer to help keep skin clean and clear, and to help reduce the appearance of blemishes.
- Swish with two drops of Copaiba and one drop of Peppermint to freshen the breath and promote oral cleanliness.
- Apply two to three drops and cover with Deep Blue Rub to soothe sore, tired muscles after strenuous activity.
- Mix equal amounts of Copaiba and Fractionated Coconut Oil and apply to restore stressed skin.
- Diffuse two drops each of Copaiba, Vetiver Lavender, and Wild Orange to promote restful sleep at night.
- Diffuse two drops of Copaiba with four drops of Serenity to promote a calm and peaceful environment.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in four fluid ounces of liquid.
Topical use: Dilute one to two drops with a carrier oil, then apply to desired area. See additional precautions below.
Cautions: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.